Julie Merritt Pacaro
For more than 20 years, Ms. Pacaro has represented employers both locally and nationwide as an employment lawyer, business counselor, and litigator, including 15 years’ “big firm” experience at Cozen O’Connor and several years’ experience working in house as General Counsel to tech sector start-ups.
Now, as Of Counsel to Andrew Moore and Associates, LLC, Ms. Pacaro draws on her extensive background and experience in these areas, as well as on our firm’s trial expertise, to represent both established businesses and start-ups, providing them with high quality, sophisticated legal advice and representation in a boutique setting that allows her clients far more cost-effective representation than the big downtown firms.
Ms. Pacaro uses her unique skill set and insights to address her business clients’ issues in employment law, commercial transactions; risk management; regulatory compliance; data privacy; technology law; and related litigation. Her client offerings include:
In Employment Law:
· HR-Related Legal Counseling
· HR Policies, Processes, & Employee Handbooks
· Offer Letters, Non-Competes, & Employment & Severance Agreements
· Hiring, Firing, & Reductions in Force
· Wage & Hour Law Compliance
· Harassment, Discrimination, Retaliation, Theft, & Other Workplace Misconduct Assistance (Risk Assessment, Compliance, Policy Drafting, Training, & Investigations)
· Compliance with federal, state, & local employment laws (EEOC, FLSA, FMLA, ADA, ADEA, FCRA, etc.)
· OSHA Compliance (Check Ups, Program Development, Training, Investigations, & · Representation)
· Employment Law Due Diligence Analyses (for Investments & Mergers)
· Immigration Law (IRCA; I-9 Audits; Social Security Mismatches; H-1B, TN, L, B1, & F1 Visas), &
· Representation before the EEOC, PHRC, NJDCR, & Federal & State Courts.
As General Counsel to Businesses and Technology Companies:
· Business Formation, Registration, & Governance
· Member-Level Issues & Disputes
· Drafting & Negotiating Business, Technology, & Vendor Contracts, & Managing Contract Lifecycle
· Assessing, Managing & Responding to Legal Risks & Disputes
· Regulatory Compliance (Copyright, Trademark, Data Privacy Law, Advertising Law, TCPA, CAN-SPAM, etc.)
· Drafting and Compliance in Website Policies, Promotions, & Content, &
· Representation in Negotiations with Other Businesses & Employees, & Before Courts, Government Agencies, Arbitrators & Mediators.
Ms. Pacaro has conducted seminars and training sessions for clients on various issues in employment law and general litigation (Harassment, Discrimination, Retaliation, Business Torts, Wage and Hour Laws, OSHA, Non-Competes, etc.) and has published magazine articles on OSHA inspections, e-discovery, and various “hot button” issues in employment law, and has written the health and safety law chapter in the Pennsylvania Human Resource Manual (book available on Amazon.com)
She is also actively involved in community outreach, serving on the Non-Profit Board of Directors for the sponsoring organization of her local community’s boy scout troop, and as a third degree black belt instructor at her local taekwondo school.
- Cornell University, Bachelor of Arts, graduating cum laude in Philosophy)
- Elisabeth Haub School of Law, Pace University, Juris Doctor, graduating magna cum laude (4th in Class) and serving as Editor of the Law Review
- Pennsylvania and New Jersey State Bars
- United States Appellate Court: Third Circuit
- United States District Courts: The Eastern & Middle Districts of Pennsylvania and the District of New Jersey
- Member, Pennsylvania State Bar Association
- Member, New Jersey State Bar Association
- Non-Profit Board Member, West Point Foundation
- 3rd Degree Black Belt Instructor, World Tae Kwon Do Federation
- At Cornell: Graduated cum laude in Philosophy, Cornell Tradition Scholar, Dean’s List, Senior Honors Thesis on St. Augustine’s Theory of Time