Moore & Brooks, LLC’s Employment Practice provides both practical advice and legal representation to help you proactively develop legally compliant employment practices, manage risk, and respond to situations as they unfold.
We defend employers and management against individual and class claims of discrimination, harassment, retaliation, wrongful termination, defamation, and wage and hour violations before state, federal courts and administrative agencies.
We advise and counsel management on day-to-day current and emerging employment law issues including: hiring, discipline and termination decisions, reductions in force, restrictive covenants, trade secret protection, harassment, discrimination, and general compliance issues.
We can also assist in the preparation and review of employment documents, including employment contracts, offer letters, employee handbooks and policies, separation agreements, and provide presentations and trainings on unlawful harassing, discrimination and retaliation, management training, and emerging employment law issues.
We can help you:
- Develop practices to hire employees, fire employees, and perform reductions in force that minimize your risks and comply with the law
- Advise you on situational HR Legal Issues, as they arise
- Prevent, Address, and Train on Issues of Harassment, Discrimination, and Retaliation in the Workplace
- Draft legally compliant employment documents that protect the company’s interests (Offer Letters, Invention Assignment, Non-Disclosure, and Non-Compete Agreements, Key-Executive Employment Agreements, and Severance Agreements)
- Draft/Update HR Policies, Processes, and Employee Handbooks needed to protect your company’s interests and ensure conpliance with the ever-changing, complex web of federal, state, and local employment laws that apply specifically to your business
- Ensure Your Employment Law Compliance (EEOC, DOL, FLSA, FMLA, ADA, ADEA, FCRA, Title VII, Title IX, etc.),
- Audit your Wage and Hour Law practices to protect you in this high-risk compliance area
- Audit your I-9 practices and provide advice on employment-related immigration law issues.
- Comply with OSHA guidelines: Develop your Programs, Assess your Compliance, Conduct Workplace Investigations, Compliance Training, and Represent your business during OSHA Inspections, and
- Represent you in your EPLI claims and your other employment law cases before the EEOC, PHRC, NJDCR, OSHRC, and the Federal & State Courts of PA & NJ
Practice Specialties Include:
- Wage and Hour Law Compliance
- HR Legal Counseling
- Hiring, Firing, & Reductions in Force
- HR Policies, Processes, and Employee Handbooks
- Employment & Severance Agreements
- Harassment/Discrimination Program Development, Prevention, Investigation and Training
- Employment Law Compliance (EEOC, DOL, FLSA, FMLA, ADA, ADEA, FCRA, Title VII, Title IX, etc.),
- OSHA Program Development, Compliance, Workplace Investigations, Representation during OSHA Inspections, and Safety Training
- Employment-Related Immigration Law
- Represent Clients in their EPLI and other employment law claims before the EEOC, PHRC, NJDCR, OSHRC, and the federal and state courts of Pennsylvania and New Jersey